People looking for tips on how to sell homes in bad neighborhoods often come across articles written by agents claiming they can sell any property in any location. However, most people simply don’t buy houses in neighborhoods with increasing crime or that have become run down. If you have a property in this type of neighborhood and are looking to sell it, what options do you have?
Fortunately, there are many things you can do to sell your Treasure Valley house in a bad neighborhood quickly and without worrying about the stress involved in dealing with real estate agents.
Tips For Selling a Home in a Bad Neighborhood
Find out what prices comparable homes are selling for. The first tip for selling any Boise home involves doing research into the housing market in your area. However, many people encounter a hurdle in this area, and that is real estate agents. Sometimes, they’ll require you to sign a form that says you’ll become a client of theirs before they’ll get you the information. However, there are other ways of getting public information on property sales. You can:
- Check with the local courthouse and do some public records searches. This often provides you information such as taxes paid in certain neighborhoods.
- Ask people who have recently moved into the neighborhood. Often, if you are honest and forthcoming, you can easily get a rough estimate of how much they paid for their property.
- Talk to friends you might have in the housing market, either in real estate or lending. See if you can get a good idea from them.
Search for investors who buy homes “as is.” The second tip for selling a home in a bad or run-down neighborhood is to inquire about companies or investors who buy property as-is and either rebuild the property or sell the land to developers. This is a great way to get a house sold quickly and skip the hassles of dealing with real estate agents or the long-period of time it traditionally takes to sell a home in today’s housing markets.
Real estate Investors like this offer Boise homeowners many advantages, including:
- Allowing them to sell their homes quickly and easily without having to pay expensive realtor fees or marketing their homes.
- Not having to spend money on replacing carpet, appliances, roofs, or anything else related to the house. Most non-investor buyers will have an inspection and require these repairs before buying an older property.
- A quick and easy sale providing you with cash for your house in a bad neighborhood. This eliminates the need to wait extended periods of time for closing and then pay additional closing costs as well.
One of the best tips for selling your Boise homein any neighborhood? Look for non-traditional methods of selling a property quickly. This makes it easier on your family to move into a location that is a better fit for your family and your future. Here at Idaho Neighborhood Solutions, most people consider our real estate home buying process to be non-traditional. We can purchase homes with cash.
Give our team a call if you have any questions or would like a free quote on your home. We are here to help.
Contact us for a free, no-risk quote within 24 hours.
Get a Quick Cash Offer | Call 208-314-3410